This looks great. I'm on Mac, so v1?
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
It's been a year since the Typhon Incident, when a biomonster from the Age of Superpowers awoke and rampaged across the Earth. Aegis Overlord, having consolidated power on Luna, begins preparation to extend their domination across the solar system. The L5 Alliance attempts to maintain a fragile peace while their member-states bicker and war among themselves. To make matters worse, the cyberpop band Love Magnet just announced that they're splitting up. I trust that all of you know what this means.
It's time to fire up your giant robot and go do some stomping.
GearHead Caramel is a turn based tactics style scifi mecha Roguelike RPG. It's the third game in the GearHead series, though you don't need to have played the previous two to jump right in. Your character can play through a series of adventures set in various times and places in the GearHead universe. Currently there are three adventure modules, with more to follow.
- Procedural Narrative: The game is different every time you play it. In addition, the game world will react to your decisions. NPCs remember their past interactions with you and will treat you accordingly.
- Both Mecha and Personal Scale Combat: GearHead may be a mecha game, but that doesn't mean there's nothing to do on foot. You can explore dungeons, negotiate peace treaties, replace body parts with cybernetics, and even get swallowed whole by gigantic biomonsters.
- Detailed Mecha Build System: Upgrade your mecha with parts from the customization shop or taken as salvage from missions. There are dozens of standard mecha to choose from, ranging from giant sword-wielding robots to city-levelling tanks. You can even design new mecha from scratch, but be warned- you might end up facing your own designs in combat!
- Lifepath Based Character Generation: A GearHead character is more than just a collection of stats. You can allow the game to give you a random life story, or make every decision along the way by yourself. Using the portrait builder you can customize the appearance of your character.
- Import Characters from GearHead Arena: Characters from the first GearHead game can be imported into Caramel, along with their lancemates and life history. The ability to import characters from GearHead2 is on the to-do list.
- PDF Game Manual with Artwork and a History of the GearHead Universe: Remember when every game used to come with a manual? That was awesome. I miss those days. And not just because my foot didn't hurt back then.
Each purchase also includes a Steam key. Yay!
GearHead Caramel is open source; the Python source code for the game may be downloaded for free from GitHub.
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Made with||Blender, pygame, GIMP|
|Tags||Episodic, Isometric, Mechs, Open Source, Post-apocalyptic, Procedural Generation, Roguelike, Sci-fi, Tactical RPG, Turn-based|
|Code license||Apache License 2.0|
|Asset license||Creative Commons Attribution v4.0 International|
|Links||Blog, Source code|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $10 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files:
- v0.946: Your GameDev is Experiencing Technical Difficulties50 days ago
- v0.945: One More Time (Fixing Bugs)73 days ago
- v0.942: Better, Faster, Stronger, Less Crashy75 days ago
- v0.941: "Like tears in the rain... time to eject."85 days ago
- v0.932: The Sound of MechaOct 19, 2022
- GHC v0.931: Raid on Pirate's PointOct 13, 2022
- v0.930: Character Display Improvements + BugfixesSep 21, 2022
- v0.928: More Character Development!Sep 07, 2022
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
This look amazing, do you happen to have any demo version ?